Ha... this is what my mom's updates-
1. Mind me, I have a correction to make that the band does not perform Gamelan laaaaa- it's Cak Lempong (Click the links to know the differences- nak tepek kat sini nanti, orang ingat ni kelas muzik :P) Sorry folks! I'm confused myself. heheh
2. At the price of RM400- this is what you'll get:
- The school will send the kids to the event WITHOUT the instruments. Orang rumah should arrange their OWN transportation in order to get the things at your place from the school. By right, two cars would be enough to transport all the instruments- if you have a van, that's even better.
- It's WITHOUT the PA system.
- They will perform around TWO hours only- inclusive breaks. Usually at the peak hours of the event.
- The PRICE of RM400 is the staff's price- since my mom teaches at the school, that's the price she'll get. For non- staff, the price may be ranged up to RM700++- DEPENDING on you locations and they will ONLY perform in places around Melaka. (Sorry to Hanim who's in Shah Alam & seems really interested. huhu. Sorry dear)
Thus, what I can suggest to all the bride-to-be's-who's looking for this kind of traditional entertainment for their wedding, why don't you try to search or browse the net whether there are any schools around your area that has the traditional band. Gamelan or Cak Lempong, you can decide which is to choose. As far as I'm concern, the Gamelan's band uses more instruments than Cak Lempong's. Heh, tu je yang tau- tu pun... my mom yang cakap. heheh. What instruments- please click on the earlier links ;)
So, that's all for now, till then.... later folks! :)