Sunday, December 13, 2009

Photographers and Photography


Note: This is a very long entry.
So, just bare with it! :p



Photography is one of the most crucial item in a wedding these days. We simply hire the professionals to do their job. And, I have searched high and low for the photographer/s for my upcoming wedding. Though the CS's team have stole my heart but, to hire them for three events- in Melaka; would definitely cost a bomb. Tak mampu okeh! Especially if I'd want the senior photographers and above' :p But, to those who have money allocations for it, please hire them! Hehe :D


I've started doing research ever since my engagement last year. I have put their names in 'the-list' since. Seven to six months prior the wedding, I have started contacting them; asking for quotations. But, you can do much sooner than that! Heheh. Then, I'd arrange for an appointment to meet them up- personally and see their work before hand.


Then, I have another photographers in my 'short-listed-list'. I've posted about them sometimes ago but, unfortunately... They don't seems to please me. Ye, kerja mereka bagus, for me la... but, me and Mr Fiance find it hard to deal with people whom always find excuses and delaying our appointments. Sorang tu, I had a hard time fixing a meet-up session in the first place! He simply texted me few weeks AFTER I've set an appointment with him. Boleh? He got back to me, weeks after.... Just imagine, how am I suppose to work with these people? I do respect his time but, he should respect mine too... kan? Kalau dah lama sangat baru nak response, I pun dah loose my interest. What a turn off!


Another one, I seriously LOVE his work! price dia pun not bad at all! The first meeting went very well! He has so much to offer with a very good price bargain. I knew he'd be THE ONE. But, not after when I asked for a negotiation in its pricing and conditions. He simple NEVER got back to me since! Salah sangat ke, if I asked for some negotiations? And, he never get back to me with his full and official quotation as he had promised earlier! I have made a few attempts untuk bertanya but, he just kept quiet. So, I had to chuck him out of my list too!


So, moving onto this photographer; Shazli. I've made an attempt to meet him up; to see the albums he produced. First time nampak, I thought... 'Abang ni garang!' hehe :p But, he's an easy going and a very nice guy despite of, muka garang! Heheh. Anyway, he had offered just about the same price as the second photographer that I've mentioned. (with the same output- album size, number of albums, etc). BUT! he had also suggested that we can reduce the cost by producing lesser output. (Smaller albums options). But, he was the one whom I'd find it easy to work with! What's more?! He's always there to give us good options and bargains!




Source: Shazli Photography's FB


No, I'm not here to promote him (directly) heee :P but, I just wanna share with you how I've come to decide him to be my wedding photographer- for the whole three events! :) I'd say that we have chosen him because of his personality. The humbleness and the work. But, I'd say that his street-photography is the best! So, am trying to work on his pro's and specialty ;). Tapi, dah la dia charge murah, and last week... he had offered me and Mr Fiance for a FREE pre- wedding photo shoot! Something that I've never planned. Suke gile okeh! Sapa tak suka free- stuffs? :P We'll definitely take the opportunity because I think that we'll need to be more familiar with him and his camera! haha. :D


So, choose wisely folks! If you have the opportunity to splurge on a photographer, you may do so. Get those with good testimonials & work pieces la. I personally love CS and Nurul Shuhaimi, Anna Rina, Hafiz Ismail, Shahrin Aziz. But on the other hand, there are also loads of other talented and great photographers who can work within your budget AND yet, able to deliver great work, being humble and funny like Abang Shazli. Haha (Abang leh kasi extra output untuk promosi free ni ok!) :D hee.



Till then, later folks! :)

12 comments:

Fuchsia said...

haa canteknye gambo tuh. btw, wedding u buat katne nanti?

Razali said...

He's the one gonna shoot my wedding on next March as well :)

A highly talented & you'll be comfortable in any way while work with him.

BuTtErFlyInFraMe said...

geram kan bila deal dgn org2 tertentu yg layan kita ni mcm kita ni tak mampu sgt! ( kadang2 mmg tak mampu and tak berani pun dgn hrag diorang tu..) heh! :P but at least please la tunjukkan sikit rasa minat diorang tu dgn kita kan sama mcm kita mintak kat dorang..

for my recep,(single even jek) i pon hire senior from CS..but luckily, i booked dia ni masa dia junior and baru tahu dia been upgraded to senior..harap2 the uotput tak mengecewakan lah..

Shahrin Aziz mmg best! i suka..vid dia pun meletup..heheh..tapi price boleh tahan bomb jugak..

I ambil photographer yg berasingan..for nikah, i ambil someone from kedah...nak jimat cost..hehehe

upss terpanjang pulak komen utk entri terpanjang u nih...

Mira...hari kita semakin dekat..hahaha

sweet cravings said...

Fushia: dear, my wedding will be in Melaka.:) datang la..nnt i will make an announcement yeh? heheh :p


razali: really?! :) so far, i am very much confortable communicating with him and, i like your work too! :)


alena: hehe. you are so generous with comment la dear! suka je :) tu la. i was so frustrated dgn yg the 2nd photographer tu. tapi, sbb dia buat cam hampeh, harus la i band dia kaw- kaw :D. tu la... sometimes, kita nak tnya je if they can work within our budget. mana la tau bole...

like adinang, dia mmg baik gile. kasi negotiated price baik nye. tapi, unfortunately, masa tu, i tengah tight with money.. tak dapat la nak lock dates dgn dia. furthermore.. cam kesian la plak if ada org yg bole confirm immediately, unfair for him la..


tu la date kita dekat gile! i tgh mengila dgn bunga pahar. haha. :p

miss DYnam!te said...

thanks for this post! i'm currently looking for a photographer myself so i'm continuing my research from the names u recommended!

yeah i had that experience (with one of the your shortlisted one!) where i emailed him twice and still no reply so he's off MY list...

anyways all the best with the future wedding :)

k|ree said...

nape mira tak try gambalawa.com...tak okie ke dia...?

sweet cravings said...

miss dynamite: keep it up dear! ;) yup, xpe... go through them all, byk-byk photographer pun takpe & try to communicate with them. ye la, sometimes, we adore their piece of work tapi, it doesn't mean that they are good (you know what i mean), kan?:) so, keep on searching and suit to yourself, budget & likeness. you have the say :)


nadiah: derang ok la but then, mira ambil photographers yang sama utk 3 event, so... harus dapat persetujuan En Tunang juga. :) tp, gamba awak cantik~ ;)

jas said...

u r dealing with rite person sis..
he's so frenly n kepala hotak die mmg agak gile sikit..hehe..
mmg enjoy kerja ngan die(shazli)..

sweet cravings said...

jas: kan?? heheh. i bet he is a great person to work with~ ;)

anil lutaze said...

ouh mmg btoll...

sbnrnye kita leh dpt yg murah tp telented dn hasil kerja sgt gojes okeh...

dude said...

thanks..info bagus ni.

zainur said...

saya pun ada tanya2 and minta quo dgn seorg photographer yg sgt da boom..mgkin sebab dia dah status international gitu jd dia xlayan sgt org yg bajet ciput mcm saya..rasa sedih bila dia ignore terus email saya...xpalah...saya pasrah..huhu..byk lg org yg tak kurang hebat n talented kan?kan?