Me and my husband went for the Antenatal Class last Saturday. Sama dengan si ibu manis; Hanie! What a co- incident! Tak perasan mula- mula. Tetiba, toleh sebelah 'Mira eh?'. Hehe. The last time and the first time we met masa Ashylla's wedding last February. Dah lama dah. Anyway, we went to the one in KPJ Selangor. For RM80 per couple, I'd say it was worth every cent! Trust me! :p
The price was inclusive of the 3 meals (makan pagi, lunch & minum petang)- as the class was held from 9am-6pm. So, tak perlu risau about getting hungry ye mommies?! ;) Next to that, you'll be getting the notes that will be presented to you plus, a travel pack toiletries from Johnson & Johnson. Best! :)
Its a must- go not because of these things la. Its a bonus la but, being pregnant for your first child, I'm sure there are a whole loads of things that we need to know. Yes, you need to read, search and ask people who have been there. But I guess, in this class.. its kind of a holistic approach to the teachings. Percayalah that some of the things that our grandmothers & mothers had taught us ada buruk baiknya. All with the scientific explanations! Bagus kan? The real- life videos were really an-eye-opener. Kalau tak, I wouldn't think of Google-ing those things. Like Hanie said, Puan Faridah was so darn good at handling the class. She had made the class very lively and direct.
Oh, they even teach you on the exercising part! How the husbands can help the wives with simple massages, etc. Heheh. Seronok!! Even my husband had a great time attending it. Dia siap promote to his friends and pregnant colleagues! So, ladies- mommies to be, do sign up for it! This is the cheapest and the best deal in town that I can find! Like, seriously! The ones that I have browsed through would costs you more than RM100 but this is only at RM80 per couple. So, grab the chance ya. Plus, you should go early. I think, the sooner it is, the better it will be for you. So, here's a bit on what is antenatal class about and why you should attend one! :)
Antenatal classes may come in various forms, but all have the same aim - to help prepare you for labor, birth and early parenthood. Antenatal classes not only help you focus on your pregnancy and forthcoming labor and birth, but they also have a great social function - they're a great place to meet other parents-to-be. The content of the classes will vary, but should include some of the following:
• care during pregnancy
• information about the process of labor and childbirth
• a general idea of medical procedures and interventions
• the latest research suggestions about possible physical, mental and emotional preparations for labor and childbirth
• advice on relaxation techniques
• the opportunity to discuss the options of different labor and positions
• a guide to pain relief choices
• the chance to learn and try out massage skills and breathing techniques during labor
• the time to ask questions and rehearse the possible decisions you may have to make during the course of your labor
• some indication of the changes you might experience after the birth and in early parenthood
• breastfeeding and some aspects of newborn care
Whatever the class, the idea is that both you and your husband will acquire the skills and confidence needed to make birth a positive experience.
Source from here.
Until the, later folks! :)